Joanie Zhang provides foreign investors with strategic and legal solutions in sino-investments, advises foreign-invested corporations on legal compliance issues with respect to human resources, drafts employee handbooks, conducts employee background checks and workplace investigations, represents clients in legal arbitration, litigation and administrative reviews and/or administrative litigations regarding work injury, housing fund and other employment and labor related matters, and deals with large-scale workforce strikes and layoffs.
Since the 2008 financial crisis, Joanie has advised and guided more than 20 foreign-invested enterprises (FIE) through voluntary dissolution / M&A process.
Joanie has acted as the legal counsel for numerous foreign-invested enterprises since 2001. She drafts tailored company regulations and employee handbooks. She also provides extensive, effective and professional legal services on labor disputes that meet the client’s business needs.
Joanie offers rich experience in labor dispute arbitrations and litigations. One of the cases she handled made the List of Top Ten Guangdong Labor Dispute Cases.
Joanie resolves mass employee strikes, assists employers through negotiations with employees, and ends the strike without causing social conflicts (or confrontations).
Joanie has acted for more than 20 FIEs in voluntary dissolution since 2010. She handled the liquidation process for Aidela Carbon Fibre Products (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd., Martin Manufacturing Zhuhai Ltd., ACW Technology (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd., Europetec (Zhuhai F.T.Z.) Co. Ltd., Zhuhai Yi Er San Global Educational Consulting Services Co, Ltd., Enerco Zhuhai Ltd., Appshop Inc.(China), Howard Molding (Zhuhai) Company Limited, MYPRO (Shenzhen) Jewelry Co. Ltd., and Dimexon (Qingdao) Limited. Having assisted clients and more than 400 employees in reaching termination settlement agreement, Joanie is highly regarded by the local governments, trade unions, clients and employees for delivering legal services that achieve amicable resolutions.
Joanie’s major clients include:
- Sunningdale Tech Ltd.
- Multek Group (Flextronics Group member)
- VF (Shanghai) Sourcing Limited Zhongshan Branch
- Zhuhai Coca-Cola Soft Drinks Co. Ltd.
- B & W Group Ltd.
- Uniflair (Zhuhai) Electrical Appliance Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- Sinochem Zhuhai Petrochemical Terminal Co., Ltd.
- Consulate General of the United Arab Emirates in Shanghai
- Shanghai World Expo United Arab Emirates Pavilion
- Coloplast (China) Co., Ltd.
- Black Diamond Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Hui Min International (HK) Ltd.
- Beijing Normal University - Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC)
- SinCo Technologies Pte Ltd.
- Lerado Global (M.C.O) Ltd. Zhongshan Representative Office (a subsidiary of Lerado Group)